Thursday, November 03, 2005

Good Idea...

Yesterday I was googling for Widgets and stumbled upon this website of BBC. It is kinda platform/forum/front-whatever u may call it- where BBC encourages its viewers to use its content feeds to make new widgets...... obviously on a non-commercial basis . I believe that the popular BBC Weather widget on dashboard ( aka Apple Dashboard ) was a result of this effort of the BBC. A brilliant way to promote its brand name, though I seriously doubt whether an organization like BBC needs that at this point of time.

Check out the website, makes an interesting read. I personally found the prototype of the Talking TV guide quite amusing. They call her Charlotte. I think I've heard this kinda idea before....something on the lines of a virtual newsreader. Ah...now I remember...Ananova is her name..hadn't heard of her/it since then though!!

No comments: